Briton Joss Lowden completed second within the first ever Girls’s Tour of Britain time trial as Demi Vollering’s victory gave her the race lead in Atherstone.
Vollering accomplished the 16.6km course in 23 minutes and 18 seconds, with time trial specialist Lowden one minute and 4 seconds slower.
Lowden arrived on the Girls’s Tour recent from breaking the hour report.
The 34-year-old is sixth total and is joined within the high 10 by compatriots Alice Barnes and Pfeiffer Georgi.
Barnes is eighth total after ending fourth within the time trial, behind Canada’s Leah Kirchmann, whereas Georgi is tenth.
Barnes’ sister Hannah was one in every of three different Brits within the time trial high 10 as she got here tenth, with Anna Shackley ninth and Abi Smith seventh.
SD Worx’s Vollering has a commanding lead of 1 minute and 9 seconds total, with Juliette Labous second and in a single day chief Clara Copponi third and one minute and nineteen seconds behind.
Drops – Le Col rider Lowden is one minute and 47 seconds off the tempo, whereas defending champion Lizzie Deignan – who received Paris-Roubaix on Saturday – is 4 minutes and 55 seconds behind the race chief.
Copponi retains maintain of the factors jersey, Elise Chabbey retains the queen of the mountains jersey and Nina Kessler leads the sprints competitors.
Stage 4 will cowl 117.8km from Shoeburyness to Southend-on-Sea.
Time trial outcomes
1. Demi Vollering (Ned/SD Worx) 23 minutes 18 secs
2. Joss Lowden (GB/Drops-Le Col) +1 min 4 secs
3. Leah Kirchmann (Can/Crew DSM) +1 min 5 secs
4. Alice Barnes (GB/Canyon SRAM Racing) +1 min 8 secs
5. Juliette Labous (Fra/Tream DSM) Similar time
6. Chantal van den Broek-Blaak (Ned/SD Worx) +1 min 9 secs
7. Abi Smith (GB/Crew TIBCO-SBV) +1 min 20 secs
8. Veronica Ewers (US/Crew TIBCO-SBV) +1 min 21 secs
9. Anna Shackley (GB/SD Worx) +1 min 25 secs
10. Hannah Barnes (GB/Canyon SRAM Racing) +1 min 27 secs
1. Demi Vollering (Ned/SD Worx) 6 hours 46 minutes 1 sec
2. Juliette Labous (Fra/Tream DSM) +1 min 9 secs
3. Clara Copponi (Fra/FDJ Nouvelle Aquitaine Futuroscope) +1 min 19 secs
4. Amy Pieters (Ned/SD Worx) +1 min 22 secs
5. Aude Biannic (Fra/Movistar Crew) +1 min 33 secs
6. Joss Lowden (GB/Drops-Le Col) +1 min 47 secs
7. Leah Kirchmann (Can/Crew DSM) +1 min 48 secs
8. Alice Barnes (GB/Canyon SRAM Racing) +1 min 51 secs
9. Chantal van den Broek-Blaak (Ned/SD Worx) +1 min 52 secs
10. Pfeiffer Georgi (GB/Crew DSM) +1 min 53 secs