Tadej Pogacar turned the primary rider in 42 years to say a Tour de France-Giro di Lombardia double as he gained the final Monument race of the season.
The 23-year-old Slovenian, driving for UAE-Emirates, turned the fourth man to realize the feat after Fausto Coppi, Eddy Merckx and Bernard Hinault.
Pogacar made his transfer with greater than 30km to go and beat Fausto Masnada into second place within the ultimate dash in northern Italy.
Britain’s Adam Yates completed third.
Pogacar’s victory follows his second Tour de France win in as a few years in July.
It’s also his second victory of the 12 months in one of many 5 prestigious one-day Monument races, after profitable Liege-Bastogne-Liege in April.
On Saturday, Vincenzo Nibali, twice a Giro di Lombardia winner previously, was the primary to assault among the many favourites on the ascent of Passo di Ganda, however was overtaken by Pogacar.
Masnada powered away from the chasing group to hitch Pogacar on the entrance, however the Slovenian rider was too quick within the ultimate dash.
1. Tadej Pogacar (Slo/UAE Workforce Emirates), 6hrs 1min 39secs
2. Fauso Masnada (Ita/Deceuninck-QuickStep) identical time
3. Adam Yates (GB/Ineos Grenadiers) +51secs
4. Primoz Roglic (Slo/Jumbo-Visma) identical time
5. Alejandro Valverde (Spa/Movistar Workforce)
6. Julian Alaphilippe (Fra/Deceuninck-QuickStep)
7. David Gaudu (Fra/Groupama-FDJ)
8. Romain Bardet (Fra/Workforce DSM)
9. Michael Woods (Can/Israel Begin-Up Nation)
10. Sergio Higuita (Col/EF Training-Nippo) +2min 25secs