Paul Gustard: Harlequins head of rugby leaves role by mutual consent

Paul Gustard’s time at Harlequins was his first role in charge of a club

Harlequins head of rugby Paul Gustard has left the Premiership club by mutual consent after two-and-a-half years.

The 44-year-old joined Quins in the summer of 2018, having previously been England’s defence coach, and has departed ‘to enable him to pursue other opportunities’, a club statement said.

Gustard led Harlequins to a fifth-placed finish in his first season in charge and sixth place last term.

Quins are seventh in the Premiership with two wins from six games.

“The club thanks Paul for his tireless energy and commitment over the last two and a half years,” the Harlequins statement read.

“His passion and drive to succeed have been evident throughout his time at the club. Everyone at Harlequins wishes Paul and his family all the very best for the future.”

Harlequins general manager Billy Millard will oversee first-team affairs for the rest of the season with support from fellow coaches Jerry Flannery, Nick Evans and Adam Jones.

Millard spent four years running Australia’s sevens team and was also head coach at the Melbourne Rebels, as well as being backs coach with Cardiff Blues, Connacht and the USA national team.

Gustard was a decorated player, winning four Premiership titles and a Heineken Cup in a five-year spell at Leicester from 1997 to 2002 before spending five years at London Irish and two seasons at Saracens.

He joined the Saracens coaching team in 2008 and was the club’s defence coach until 2016 – a period which saw Saracens win three Premiership titles and a European Champions Cup – before Eddie Jones brought him into his England coaching set-up.

Under Gustard’s leadership, Harlequins were runners-up in last season’s Premiership Cup, losing to Sale in the final, and made the semi-finals of the 2018-19 European Challenge Cup.

But in the Premiership the club lost more games than they won in both of Gustard’s full seasons in charge, although they improved on the 10th-placed finish the club experienced the season before he took over.

Analysis

BBC rugby union correspondent Chris Jones

Gustard arrived at Quins in 2018 to much fanfare, a defence coach with a strong track record getting his deserved shot at being the top man, even foregoing the experiences of a Rugby World Cup to move to The Stoop.

But despite signs of improvement, and Quins creeping up the table, it has not gone to plan, with the same issues around discipline, defence and identity dogging the side for the past few seasons.

It is the second Quins coaching ticket in under three years that has disbanded prematurely, for which both the board and the players must take some responsibility, and now the pressure is on to get the next appointment right otherwise the club could end up languishing at the wrong end of the Premiership table.

Source by [author_name]

18 thoughts on “Paul Gustard: Harlequins head of rugby leaves role by mutual consent

• September 30, 2021 at 7:42 am

Hello everybody ! can anyone suggest where I can purchase Fresh Bombs CBD Edible Biotin Plus Gummies 300mg?

• October 1, 2021 at 2:17 am

Good Afternoon everyone , can anyone recommend where I can purchase Ecocaps Travel Size CBD Capsules 170mg 2pc By Eco Sciences?

• October 1, 2021 at 12:22 pm

Let me know VaporIce e-cigarette shop in 1422 Green Rd, Suite H offers eliquid made by Big Bottle Co. E-Juice? I have tried sending them an email at at thirtyonevap@gmail.com

• October 5, 2021 at 5:59 pm

Does anyone know Sunny Vapors ecig shop based in 1445 Washington Road sells vape juice manufactured by Panda Made In UK E-liquid? I have tried sending them an email at at tedsvaporhut@yahoo.com

• October 6, 2021 at 3:09 pm

By way of introduction, I am Mark Schaefer, and I represent Nutritional Products International. We serve both international and domestic manufacturers who are seeking to gain more distribution within the United States. Your brand recently caught my attention, so I am contacting you today to discuss the possibility of expanding your national distribution reach.We provide expertise in all areas of distribution, and our offerings include the following: Turnkey/One-stop solution, Active accounts with major U.S. distributors and retailers, Our executive team held executive positions with Walmart and Amazon, Our proven sales force has public relations, branding, and marketing all under one roof, We focus on both new and existing product lines, Warehousing and logistics. Our company has a proven history of initiating accounts and placing orders with major distribution outlets. Our history allows us to have intimate and unique relationships with key buyers across the United States, thus giving your brand a fast track to market in a professional manner. Please contact me directly so that we can discuss your brand further. Kind Regards, Mark Schaefer, marks@nutricompany.com, VP of Business Development, Nutritional Products International, 101 Plaza Real S, Ste #224, Boca Raton, FL 33432, Office: 561-544-0719

• October 8, 2021 at 1:24 am

Let me know Butts Out Vapor Store e-cigarette shop located in 740 N Hwy 67 sells eliquid made by FreshSalt by Public Bru? I have tried sending them an email at at april@evaporhut.com

• October 14, 2021 at 8:13 am

• October 17, 2021 at 7:47 am

Is anyone here in a position to recommend Plus Size Corsets? Thanks xox

• October 17, 2021 at 12:51 pm

Is anyone here in a position to recommend Hold-Up Stockings? Thanks xox

• October 18, 2021 at 4:09 am

Thank you for your support. If you have ideas and suggestions can just leave your comments or contact me. Hopefully with the existence of this website can add knowledge and provide new knowledge. I really need your support. Pray for me to be in good health. If anyone wants to donate, they can just send via PayPal at rezzkey@gmail.com. Your small gift is very big for me.

Thank you.

Author

• October 18, 2021 at 8:27 pm

Is anyone here in a position to recommend Whips? Cheers xox

• October 19, 2021 at 4:38 am

Is anyone here in a position to recommend Realistic Butts? Thanks xx

• October 21, 2021 at 11:53 pm

I look after a vape shop directory and we have had a listing from a vape store in the United States that likewise offers CBD goods. A Calendar month later on, PayPal has written to use to claim that our account has been limited and have asked us to take out PayPal as a payment solution from our vape store directory. We do not retail CBD product lines such as CBD oil. We merely provide web marketing solutions to CBD firms. I have taken a look at Holland & Barrett– the UK’s Reputable Wellness Retail store and if you take a close peek, you will see that they offer a pretty wide-ranging series of CBD items, primarily CBD oil and they also happen to accept PayPal as a settlement solution. It emerges that PayPal is applying contradictory standards to many different firms. Due to this limitation, I can no longer take PayPal on my CBD-related internet site. This has restricted my payment options and currently, I am seriously reliant on Cryptocurrency payments and direct bank transfers. I have checked with a barrister from a Magic Circle law office in The city of london and they stated that what PayPal is undertaking is definitely against the law and inequitable as it should be applying a consistent benchmark to all companies. I am yet to consult an additional lawyer from a US law office in The city of london to see what PayPal’s legal position is in the USA. Meanwhile, I would be extremely appreciative if anyone here at targetdomain could provide me with substitute payment processors/merchants that work with CBD companies.

• October 22, 2021 at 11:13 am

Thank you.

Author

• October 24, 2021 at 2:10 am

I look after a vape store directory site and we have had a listing from a vape store in the United States that also markets CBD products. A Month later, PayPal has contacted use to say that our account has been restricted and have requested us to take away PayPal as a payment method from our vape shop website directory. We do not offer CBD products such as CBD oil. We only provide online marketing solutions to CBD companies. I have visited Holland & Barrett– the UK’s Reputable Wellness Store and if you take a close peek, you will see that they offer a somewhat considerable range of CBD goods, particularly CBD oil and they also happen to accept PayPal as a payment solution. It appears that PayPal is applying double standards to many different firms. Because of this restriction, I can no longer take PayPal on my CBD-related website. This has restrained my payment choices and presently, I am intensely reliant on Cryptocurrency payments and straightforward bank transfers. I have consulted with a lawyer from a Magic Circle law firm in The city of london and they stated that what PayPal is doing is completely not legal and inequitable as it should be applying a systematic standard to all firms. I am still to check with yet another attorney from a US law firm in London to see what PayPal’s legal position is in the USA. For the time being, I would be very appreciative if anyone here at targetdomain could offer me with alternative payment processors/merchants that deal with CBD companies.

• October 25, 2021 at 11:54 pm

Thank you.

Author

• October 25, 2021 at 8:45 pm

Great wordpress blog here.. It’s hard to find quality writing like yours these days. I really appreciate people like you! take care

• October 25, 2021 at 11:37 pm